The Winneconne Cemetery is owned and maintained by the Village, for the benefit of all citizens. It was founded in 1871 by the Winneconne Cemetery Association which conveyed the cemetery property and trust funds to the Village in 1962.
The Cemetery Association made several additions to the original plat between 1871 and 1962. There have been two additions under Village ownership; the John M. White Addition in 1969 and a two-acre land purchase in 1962, which has not yet been developed.
A Cemetery Board, consisting of five members appointed by the Village President and approved by the Village Board, together with the Clerk-Treasurer, oversees the maintenance of records and property and recommends rules, regulations, and cemetery charges for approval by the Village Board.
Visitors are welcome to visit the cemetery during the hours of 7a.m. until dusk. For additional information on the cemetery, please contact the Village Office during regular business hours.
Founded in 1871
Click here to view headstone photographs of the cemetery.